All I want is to write and to share what I do with someone. If only one person out of our seven billion can say they felt something from my words, then I have lived.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hello Strange World


     Hello strange world.
     For as long as I can remember, I have had an insatiable desire for knowledge. I believe we are meant to attempt understanding, even though we will never know the answers to the questions which feed our curiosity. It is with this drive that we might improve ourselves and better not only our brief and insignificant lives, but impact the ever changing world around us. Who are we to set a boundary on the things we can't even understand?
     The endless see of velvet ebony in which we float is vast and overwhelming. We are meant to reach out into its twilit depths and play with ideas some would think impossible. But is anything impossible? I think if you truly believe in something then it is real. At least it is real in your mind. Thoughts are real, yet intangible, so why can't this hold true for beliefs? Are they not stored in our thoughts? 
     Humans tend to forget the power of imagination and the beauty it can hold as we grow older. The mind of children is every playing with the world of make believe without question. Maybe we would do good to hold onto this mindset, to be able to believe again. Where there is belief, there is hope. Adults often lose hope too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment